Negotiation & Labour Law Partner
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world´s most serious diseases. In addition to being one of the world´s leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca is proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
This is a consultancy employment with startdate 1/3-2020 until 1/4-2021. For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have expertise within employer relations, labour law and negotiations? Would you like to apply your expertise in a global company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
We are now recruiting a business oriented and customer focused Negotiation & Labour Law Partner to join AstraZenecas Negotiation & Labour Law (NELL) function in Gothenburg or Södertälje.
AstraZeneca is a science led global organisation with a single ambition – we pursue ground breaking science to improve the lives of patients. In Sweden AstraZeneca employs about 6700 people working within research and development (R&D), manufacturing and marketing of medicines. As a vital part of AstraZeneca´s HR department, the NELL function provide labour law expertise throughout the business organizations in Gothenburg and Södertälje, including union relations and negotiations, policies and agreements.
As Negotiation & Labour Law Partner you will be part of a highly professional and service minded team that work across AstraZeneca´s R&D site in Gothenburg and the two manufacturing plants in Södertälje. You will function as an expert advisor within AstraZeneca to provide support and guidance on labour law related subjects but will also be responsible in leading negotiations in defined areas within the organisation. The role has mainly a national remit but includes working across cultures and countries in a global setting. Some travel between the sites in Gothenburg and Södertälje will be required. You will report to the Senior Director Negotiation & Labour Law that is placed in Gothenburg.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and advice HR and line managers on labour law related issues
• Lead negotiations within defined areas (MBL, LAS & tvisteförhandlingar)
• Be a contact person for union collaborations
• Provide training in labour law and labour relations to HR and line managers
• Establish, develop and interpret agreements and policies
• Perform labour law related Investigations
• Participate in Projects and improvement work
• Work collaboratively within the team across the sites to further develop the NELL function at AstraZeneca
• BSc or MSc in Law or Human Resources with focus on labour law
• Excellent knowledge within labour law
• Preferably a couple of years of experience of negotiations
• Ability to interact with people at different levels in a global organization
• Ability to communicate labour law related issues to people outside your area of expertise
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team as well as independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Swedish and English, both verbal and in writing
• Ability to travel
• Experience of union relations and negotiations is beneficial as well as previous experience of working in the private sector
The right candidate has a strong drive and energy and is confident but yet prestigeless. Business perspective and customer focus is essential together with a structured, solution orientated mindset and a strong delivery focus. Our world is fast paced and dynamic and to be successful you should thrive on variety and have a commitment to deliver.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Västra Götalands län