Tencent Games Global, a leading global video game company, is expanding internationally and is looking for a dynamic and well-rounded Senior Legal Counsel to be a key member of a newly formed team focused on Tencent Games Global´s international business. You will be working on-site from the 10 Chambers office, a scale-up game studio backed by Tencent, based in the center of Stockholm, Sweden.
About the role
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will have a ground level opportunity to support our Swedish game studios in game development, advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories, and be responsible for various international issues.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Provide support and advice on a wide range of corporate and commercial legal matters including in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policies, governance, and publishing.
• Draft, review, and negotiate complex commercial agreements including international licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, and other legal documents.
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
• Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, EU, and the US.
• Provide day to day assistance on legal matters to enable the business to make informed and balanced decisions while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
• Develop structures and processes within the legal function.
You will report to the Legal Director of Tencent and work closely with 10 Chambers´ Legal Counsel in their Stockholm office.
We are looking for you who has a law degree and solid commercial legal experience, with at least five years´ experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
You are passionate about IP, content, and have broad experience with IP and corporate transactions work. Further, you have experience from working independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact through negotiation and execution. You enjoy supporting clients from project conception through live operations, in a dynamic environment. To fit the role, we believe that you like video games and that you have excellent communication skills in English (mandarin Chinese is a plus, Swedish is not a requirement) and are able to establish strong working relationships with business leads.
What we offer
In this role you will get a great opportunity to develop further as a lawyer in a fast-expanding and international company. You will work independently in a dynamic scaleup environment with 10 Chambers, Tencent´s other Swedish studios and various international matters, with Tencent Games Global´s resources, knowledge, and expertise available. Tencent´s in-house legal department is on the forefront of the intersection between law and technology and has helped shape internet law. Tencent Legal has been awarded the Most Innovative Asia-Pacific In-House Legal Team by the Financial Times and In-House Team of the Year by China Law & Practice.
How to apply
In this recruitment process, Tencent is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning.
Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 – 109585, or by email at email@example.com
Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users and is among the top ten publicly traded companies by market value. Tencent is a leading global video game company, partnering with developers such as Riot Games, Epic Games, Supercell, and Activision. Tencent is currently the 7th most valuable company in BrandZ´s Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2020 ranking, making it one of only two non-American brands in the top 10.
About 10 Chambers
10 Chambers, founded in 2015, is a self-publishing studio in the dynamic gaming industry. They launched their successful first title, GTFO, in Early Access in December 2019 and GTFO 1.0 in December 2021, and are working on their next legendary AAA co-op gaming experience. The ambitious, creative, and collaborative 10 Chambers team consists of +70 employees of 15 different nationalities, who share a lifelong passion for games.
10 Chambers wants an open and inclusive work environment where everybody feels valued, safe and treated equally and with respect. 10 Chambers welcome everyone regardless of gender, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age.